Sunday, December 1, 2013

2012 Part 1

Note: I am playing catch up from 2012. This is mainly for journal purposes.
 


2 0 1 2

Positive Pregnancy Test
I don't remember the exact day, but it was about the middle of February that we found out we were pregnant with our second child! I do remember it was a Monday because I was working until 8pm that night and back then I worked until 8pm only on Mondays. We were both very excited!

LOGAN'S 2nd BIRTHDAY   
March 19, 2012
We held Logan's birthday in Malad this year so that we could 
celebrate it with family.  Kenny's parents, brothers (Calvin and Jayse) and their exchange student, Michael were there along with my mom and stepdad.  We reserved the Search & Rescue building to hold all of us comfortably.  Everyone took turns keeping Logan from the building along with helping me make dinner, the cake, and decorating (the theme was Super Why since that is his favorite TV show).  It turned out to be a success, except for I scorched the potato soup I was making and the freezer in the building wasn't cold enough to keep Logan's ice cream cake from 
melting. Kenny, however, bought some dry ice from the local 
grocer and that prevented to cake from getting any more lop-sided. :)


Kenny bringing Logan in for the big "SURPRISE!"



 We bought a bubble machine for Logan and he LOVED it!

We also had a Lightning McQueen piñata, however we didn't realize when we bought it that it was one of the "pull string" one's--lame!  So we let Logan hit with this tiny red bat anyway.



 
We finally told Logan to pull on the strings...and he did. :D


 Then we unleashed Kenny's brothers and Michael and at times I thought Kenny was going to be the piñata!




Presents!
A VTech computer from Gma and Gpa Hess, money for Logan's savings from Gma and Gpa Garrett, clothes and books from Great, Great Aunt LaDean, and large Legos from Mom and Dad.



Mom and Dad also had another fun gift for Logan and, even though it is blurry, this picture captures his excitement.

His very own Radio Flyer tricycle!


After presents Logan blew out the candle and we ate the half-melted ice cream cake. 
It really turned out to be a fun little party and we were happy to have family around this year.  Logan thoroughly enjoyed himself and it was so much fun for Mom and Dad to see his excitement!

 

EASTER

April 8, 2012 
This year Kenny had to work nights over Easter weekend which was sad because he missed out on our egg coloring fun Easter Eve, but on Easter morning he was able to be with us before he went to bed.  Logan and I still colored eggs and I realized it was quite a task trying to keep egg dye from going everywhere with a 2 year old around.  But Logan had a lot of fun and he was concerned about the dye on his hands being permanent. 


And apparently he was a little exhausted when we were done with our 3/4 dozen eggs--whew, that was tough!

On Easter morning when Kenny got home he knocked on Logan's door...


...and what a greeting he received!


We walked Logan out to the living room where his Easter basket awaited him and he didn't waste any time seeing what was inside!



Then came the egg hunt and, of course, he had a blast finding all the eggs and seeing what was inside (coins and candy). He also had a little wheelbarrow filled with more goodies--a soccer ball, a sailboat, some bubbles and more candy.
 
And as we hunted, Chevy kept watch.


After the hunt we went inside and made Easter-colored pancakes and Logan thought he should eat them all!
I have realized that since we've had Logan, holidays are so much different!  We have a lot of fun with planning them and doing the things we did as kids, and adding our own traditions as well.  I don't think I would have ever made multi-colored pancakes for just Kenny and I, but Logan thought they were so fun. 

 Thanks Logan for bringing out the kids in us! 


Speaking of bringing out the kids in us...


COOKIES!

In April Kenny had to go to San Diego for work training for a week, so Logan and I decided to have a little fun while he was gone.  We made SUGAR COOKIES!  I remember, now, why I don't make them very often--they are a lot of work.



I found these ABC/# cookie cutters on sale at JoAnnes so I bought them for us to use.
 

Logan helped roll out the dough,
 
 place the cookie cutters,

and eat the cookies.


But after all that work, he decided he didn't care for the cookies and only wanted to eat the sprinkles. :-S



Jamie's 27th (gasp!) Birthday

 April 21, 2012
Yep, folks, I am now 27, only 3 years from the big 30.  Every year seems to go by in a blur, but we are trying to make the most of it as the time flies.

Kenny came home from his San Diego trip on the day of my birthday (which was a great present by itself) but he surprised me by getting me a La Jolla hoodie, a small stuffed animal seal (when he asked what I wanted from SD I told him I wanted one of the seals that hung out near his hotel, but a stuffed one will do...sigh), and some jewelry from American Eagle that the sales woman so diligently helped him pick out. 

  
He got me the necklace, all the bracelets, and the ring.  

 A quote from Kenny regarding the bracelets, "If wearing all those things on your wrist doesn't drive you crazy, I don't know what will . . . But the sales lady said you're supposed to wear them all at the same time." (shaking his head)

Before, during, and after his trip, Kenny arranged having friends come over for my birthday--Cade and Nicole Beeton (Cayla), Neal and Megan Brown (Kyle, Addison, and Houston), Brett and Hilary Palmer (Ellie and Ruby), and Taylor and Kristie Rose.  We made California Club Pizzas and ordered a few others from Domino's in case our friends didn't like the homemade pizzas.  Needless to say, our homemade pizzas were a hit!  The Domino's pizzas were barely touched. :)  After dinner we headed out to the backyard and the guys of the group played croquet while us women sat and visited. 


Hilary, me, Cayla (on my lap) and Nicole



 Kristie, Ruby (in arms), Megan, Houston (in arms), Hilary, Ellie (on lap), Jamie, and Nicole



 Taylor thought it would be fun to grab Chevy and put him through the torture of being pet by several toddlers...it was hilarious! 

 Dessert: Banana Splits!

Also, Kenny brought Logan home a surfer car from La Jolla.  He loves it and he was so happy to have his dad home again!


Malad High School
Class of 2012
This last May Kenny's brother, Calvin, graduated from Malad High School. Although he doesn't look so thrilled in this picture, I think he was pretty excited to be done with high school. He is planning to attend Weber State University in Ogden this fall. Congrats Calvin!







Memorial Weekend
Kenny's family came to visit us over Memorial weekend so we tried to make it fun.  We all went to Kennecott Mine and toured the visitors center.  It is very interesting and I recommend it!

 
This is the view of Kennecott from on top of the mountain


Logan and Uncle Calvin


Jayse
 
On Memorial Day I had to work, but that didn't stop the guys from doing a little rock climbing and repelling.
 



Even Logan got to have his share of fun thanks to Kenny who customized him his own harness
 
 


Here is Michael (the Garrett's foreign exchange student) helping Logan down the rock


No comments: